The Everyday Peace Research Community
This community connects students and researchers from different backgrounds who want to implement peace and social change through their research.
Join our Facebook Group
You are welcome to join the Everyday Peace Research Community on Facebook and stay in touch with other researchers and students keen on putting research into practice. See you there!
Who is it for?
This group is for you if you are a student or scholar and you have been asking yourself any of the following questions:
- How can my research make a tangible positive impact in the community?
- How can I create research outputs that make may research available to a local target community?
- How can I include and honor people’s peace knowledge in my research process?
- How do my relationships and life experiences influence my journey as a researcher?
- How do I increase meaningful and respectful engagement with the people and communities I interact with during my research process?
- How can I contribute to decolonizing peace research?
What are the benefits if I join?
- You will be connected with other like-minded scholars to continue a conversation on these themes
- You will have access to resources produced by Everyday Peace Initiative members on these themes
- You will have access to upcoming online seminars and workshops
- You will have the opportunity to ask advice and suggestions to other peace scholars and students
- You will be able to share your work in progress and get friendly feedback
- You will be able to publish blog posts in the Everyday Peace Blog
A peaceful and inclusive environment
We want to practice the same peaceful environment that we want to promote in society. This is an opportunity to be part of an inclusive space for students and scholars who may have challenges in mainstream academic environments due to power structures, but could be valuable contributors to everyday peace. Moreover, this is an environment where we all can express ourselves and be supported without worry of being judged. Studying, researching, and experiencing peace related matters can be an intense emotional journey, and here is a space where you can share it with a like-minded community.
- We welcome scholars and students at any stage of their career
- We welcome scholars and students from non-Western countries and backgrounds
- We welcome independent scholars